Friday 27 March 2015

#AskZoelle


Browsing twitter generally minding my own business, well other peoples actually and I noticed this hash-tag is trending #AskZoelle


It got me thinking about Zoelle, now before I start ranting I would just like to clarify I'm not a hater, in fact I watch most of her videos and I love what she does. But, (there's always a but, isn't there) is she really the best role model for our kids to aspire to? Generally her blogs are about her perfect hair, perfect make-up, perfect boyfriend, perfect clothes, perfect house, perfect life and so on. Its all a bit too perfect and fake for my liking. Where's the bad and the ugly and the everyday shit that we all have to endure.

In reality its unrealistic and totally unachievable.
So what is the point in Zoelle and why do we love to watch? This includes me. 

Well I can only talk for myself, but after every vlog I have to purchase the item she is promoting. For example, after her recent 'What's in your bag' vlog I had to have the Ted Baker shoulder bag. When I hunted it down it was £219 I cried and sulked for days.

Some of the things I have Zoelle to thank for:
- Collection 2000 concealer
- 'Zoelle' make up bag
- Ombre hair
- The hit it game
- H&M Basic t's.
- My desire for Naked pallets and Zoeva brushes
  (shame about my undesirable bank balance)


So my #AskZoelle would go something like this


Don't get me wrong she's a pretty incredible 24 year old women with an incredible life (and over 7 Million subscribers), I just wish sometimes she would be a bit more real, that is all. But I still love you.


 
Linked up to:



 
Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com
Binky Linky

3 comments:

  1. Hahha I love Zoelle and while I haven't watched many of her views I have heard all about all of them. lol But love your post and your points. Thanks for linking up to Share With Me. Happy Easter! #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am clearly not down with the kids - have heard of her but that's about as far as it goes. Will now check her out though #BinkyLinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of Zoella, but in truth I've never watched her videos or visited her blog as I'm not that into beauty, but I agree too many bloggers try to make their lives out to be perfect. I wish more would show the realities including the good and bad. Thanks for linking up to the #BinkyLinky

    ReplyDelete