Tuesday 20 January 2015

'The child that doesn't sleep'

have refrained from writting this post for as long as possible but I'm affraid it's inevitable! I'll try not to write too many repetitive post about my sleep deprivation (even though it takes over my life and my twitter!) I have began to bore myself with complaining about my continious tiredness and inability to function, so I'll try my very hardest not to bore you too much! 

Straight to the point, my child does not sleep ever!!!! 
He is 1 next week (1 OMG!) and has only slept a max of 2 undisturbed nights :( now can you see my problem?! 

when everyone said "as soon as he starts solids he will sleep"- he didn't! When they then said "you wait, once he starts moving he will ware himself out" - he didn't! Nursery will surely make him sleep, well it did -one night! But that was it. Now he has started to walk, and it's worse then ever, he is up anything between 6-10,0000 times a night!! Ok, slight exaggeration, but it feels like it.

I've tried everything and anything to make the boy sleep (apart from leaving him to cry it out, as I have my reservations about that subject, but that's a whole another post), I've read every sleep training book available and internet post, I've  taken him to the doctors and pleded for help, I've tried up'ing his milk intake to see if it was hunger waking him but it wasn't! Ive tried night lights, sleeping bags, strict night time routines, lavander bath and the list goes on and on...! 
He just doesn't like to sleep and that's it. 

But this can't be it, can it?! 
Some days I literally cannot function at all, other days I can just about get through the day and most days I collapse after the kids go to bed at 8pm, therefore i have no life outside the kids waking and going to sleep! So there goes any Interaction with my partner, all tv and any social life for the forceable future, 

No matter what anyone says your body NEVER gets used to the lack of sleep, you DONT learn to live with it and it DOESNT get easier!! (Sorry to be so doom and gloom, but what's the point in sugar coating this shit) 

Another hope is school......in 2.5 years time!!!! hopefully this will be the cure to the sleeping! I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the next 2.5 years though. That's allot of sleep to miss out on! 

I now fully understand why people have mid life crisis', age real quickly after children, drink excessively and so on......I blame the kids!!! 


Oh and before I forget, to anyone reading this who thinks, how difficult can it be, I have one child and its easy, sleeps all the time, never cries and never has tantrums .......BE CAREFUL!! Your being led into a false sense of security!! It could be you next. After my daughter I thought just that, turns out it's not as easy the second time round and not all babies are angels or the same!! 

**** Just to clarify I love my children of equal measures**** 
they test me in different ways every single day, they both bring me so much joy yet so much frustration!  

Also I'm pretty sure that when the time comes as teenagers the roles will soon reverse and I'll be writing a post about my nightmare teenage daughter and my angel mummy's boy!! 

However at this moment I just pray for sleep. That is all x




No comments:

Post a Comment